Yesterday was a day I have looking forward to for a few weeks now. It was the day of Birmingham Blognix!
Although I was very nervous about not knowing anyone I was also really excited!! And I didn’t need to worry as everyone was lovely!
My first challenge of the day was getting my cake – which was too big for the tin – on the train into town and successfully to the Custard Factory in one piece.
It was a great location/room for us bloggers to gather and between us we had a rather full table of cakes! This was for a baking competition, which was such a fun extra element to the day!
Throughout the day we listened to brilliant talks by some fantastic bloggers and enjoyed an amazing indoor picnic for lunch!
I wrote LOADS of notes throughout the day and was truly inspired by all the others bloggers. And so – here is my summary of what I learnt a Birmingham Blognix:
- Bloggers like tea
- And they really like cake.
- They dont like Nick Grimshaw.. I actually don’t mind him on the breakfast Show, but it seems I am in the minority
- Bloggers are a really friendly bunch
- Did I mention they like cake?
- Indoor picnics are fun – I want to have them every week
- Everyone loves a cat pic!
- There are lots of ways to reuse content and share with different audiences via different social media channels
- Social networks can be used to create a community with your followers and readers and give a little ‘behind the scenes’ look into you and your life.
- I need to embrace the power of Google+
- If you love a brand share your posts about them with them and start a relationship
- With smaller brands with less budget explore what you can do together, which benefits both them as a brand and you as a blogger
- Make all contact info easily available on your site – Ideally nice and prominent in the sidebar
- Include category navigation in the sidebar, so readers can easily find the content which interests them the most
- A good width for your site design in 960px – which is good for lots of devices
- There are lots and lots of free and low cost design tools available for making your blog look pretty and lovely!
There was so much to take in and I am left feeling eager, inspired and motivated to keep working on improving my blog each day and building great relationships with my readers…’Hello you, thanks for reading’!
Did you go to #Blognix? I would love to know which top tips you picked up from the day too!