Topic: Talk about being green, eco-friendly or ethical. What do you do to make a difference?
I like to think I do my bit when it comes to ‘being green’ – but I can honestly say it isn’t something I actively try to improve on. Though I know I definitely should!
But day to day I do the following ‘green’ things:
- Put all Cardboard, Tins, Plastic and Glass into the recycling boxes at home
- Where suitable donate unwanted clothes and items to charity shops rather than binning them.
- I have no choice but to drive to work, but where I can of a weekend or evening I will car share with friends or use the train to go into town.
- I try to print as little as possible at work and I write lots of my notes and to-do lists on the back of print outs which I have finished with. All paper waste gets recycled in our office too.
- I always take my ‘bags for life’ when I go shopping
- We always turn lights off when we leave the room and unplug everything not in use.
Do you have any great tips for being greener in the home? Looking forward to reading everyone elses Blog Every Day in May posts today and getting new ideas!