Topic: If you could talk to your 13 year old self, what would you say?
The thought of this topic just makes me laugh! Essentially I don’t think I am much different to my 13 year old self and there aren’t any major life changing eventing I would tell her to avoid, but I would give her this list of tips and guidelines.
You want to avoid the weight gain so you can avoid the diets in your twentys so:
- Don’t stop doing all activity after high school, keep going to kick-boxing!
- Learn to enjoy alcohol with less calories than Strongbow and VK
- Just because you have a lunch break at college, it doesn’t mean you have to eat the entire time! The jacket potato van is more your friend than the pizza shop (promise)
On the subject of education and career:
- Don’t chose Dance at GCSE just because all your friends are doing it. You are crap at dance and by year 11 you will have much better friends anyway.
- Do Drama instead!
- Complete the GNVQ ICT in year 10 and 11. It will save some awkward conversions later on in life when you go to do an IT related degree and work online!
- Yes you do want to go to uni, and don’t kind yourself you do want to do the boring Business and IT degree.
- Make sure you do chose one of the more ‘fun’ subjects at college as well. The business ones will bore you a bit so you need some fun too.
- Be respectful to your superiors and line managers – but be bold and share your ideas and take on independent projects. Trust me you move up quick
On everything else:
- Get the part time job at the cinema – you will love it and make friends for life
- Definitely learn to drive. You will always hate the bus.
- Be brave! Don’t let shyness and lack of confidence hold you back.
- It’s ok not to live the same things as your friends – you can still enjoy your hobbies and still love your friends
- All your friends will be teachers. There conversations will be boring but be there for them and take an interest. They don’t enjoy hearing about your job much either!
- Buying your house will be the most stressful thing you have ever done – but also the best! Take advice from everyone, but when it comes down to it trust yourself to make the right choices!
What advice would you give your 13 year old self?
This way part of the Blog Everyday in May Challenge!